Give the Gift of God's Word through Biblica.com!

Sunday, October 6, 2013

new new in the kitchen

Okay, so I have been on the hunt for some fresh new recipes to try on my hungry family.
 
I'd like to think we eat pretty well.
 
When I say well, I mean healthy(whole grains, leafy greens and lots of fruit)
...but we are not health food fanatics by a long shot.
We love our pizza, and just about any other finger food you can think of
(tacos, burritos, cheese burgers, chipotle, chicken phillies, cheese steaks). MMMMmmmmmm, cheese steaks...*excuse me, my inner Homer Simpson just came out.
 
Back to the blog.
I am at a point where I am trying to change our diets and I know it doesn't happen over night...so we're doing a little at a time.
 
We do have a few food restrictions such as no dairy for one of our daughters
and our a protein complex carb diet for another.
We are also trying to cut sugar (replaced with natural sweeteners such as Agave and Maple),
simple carbs, food dyes and gluten when we can.
  
With all that said...we decided to give stuffed cabbage a try.
I know, I know...there's nothing new under the sun...
But this is new to us.



Same concept as stuffed peppers only the stuffing
(ground meat and rice(next time I'm going to try Quinoa (keen-wa))is wrapped in the blanched cabbage leaves and then cooked in the slow cooker, oven or stove top and topped with tomato sauce or soup.

How'd it taste?
Let's just say this dish is a work in progress for me. 😒
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment